Virtual Responding to Disclosures Delivered Remotely Using Zoom (Certificated)
£79 + VAT
The virtual live training will be hosted by Kerry Dawson, Specialist Safeguarding Trainer and Consultant. Whilst it's not quite the same as face to face training, the course will be interactive, with plenty of opportunities for delegates to share good practice and ask any questions. Kerry is a trained trainer with the NSPCC as well as a Childline volunteer councillor. Over her career, Kerry has gained extensive experience of working in safeguarding and child protection as both a practitioner and service manager. The course will be delivered over a three-hour session. Delegates will receive a certificate upon completion.
Please note: Secure registration details will be sent to delegates 24 hours prior to the first training session:
Thursday 2nd July 2020, 1pm - 4pm
Course outline: This half day course will support safeguarding professionals working in schools to develop effective record keeping systems. Participants will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and understanding about how best to support children who share disclosures. Course content will include:
- Creating a culture where children feel safe to disclose and staff are confident to respond and bring those conversations to a safe close using the principles of best evidence
- How to respond to disclosures using a relational and child centred approach
- The components of meaningful record keeping systems in line with best evidence principles, GDPR and the Data protection Act 2018
- Using chronologies and analysis of records to understand and manage risk effectively
- Explore how the use of ‘victim-blaming’ language can impact on children, families and professional’s understanding of risk
- Develop quality assurance systems using data analysis and case audit templates.
Who should attend? Headteachers, deputy headteachers, governors, designated safeguarding leads and deputies, pastoral staff and safeguarding professionals.